Wood Window Replication
Cook Hall was built in 1889, functioning as the first agricultural laboratory at the Michigan Agricultural College. This historic piece of the university was named after Dr. John Cook, a professor who taught entomology for over 25 years. At the time, it was the first of seven buildings which were constructed to create “Laboratory Row,” and is now the oldest collection of buildings on the Michigan State University campus. Cook Hall’s architectural style reflects a reserved but highly creative interpretation of the Queen Anne, Romanesque revival and neoclassical styles of that time. Cook Hall has been in continual use since its construction and currently houses the Department of Agriculture Economics.
- Provided historical consultation including window analysis, design, and performance review.
- Designed custom die design to replicate historic exterior trim and casing components.
- Supplied and installed over 60 thermally broken aluminum historic replica windows to match existing profiles and components.
- Work scope included removal, disposal, abatement, installation, and interior finish.
- This building was fully occupied as the windows were replaced.
The window project was completed in 2009, following a complete renovation of the interior and exterior of the building. It currently provides 72 work stations, two conference rooms and study areas, a lunchroom and third floor ballroom.
- Owner: Michigan State University
- Architect: MSU Facilities Engineer Department
- Completed 2009